When clients contact a software company to create a custom web application, they usually ask two questions: How much money is required, and how long will it take? Although these questions seem straightforward, they can take time to answer. Why? These two issues are more complex than they appear. This question depends on many factors. Your application will take several months to complete. We’ll discuss why it’s so hard to give a precise answer and what factors can speed up or slow down the application development process.
It’s hard to predict the time it will take to build an application
An estimate of the project’s duration will be included in the Agreement between the client and the software house. The design, development, and testing will follow. Setting deadlines for the initial meeting is impossible for the following reasons.
The design of the application is not controlled once the documentation is gathered. It will depend on both the advisor-client communication and client commitment.
Programmers will have to spend more time creating innovative or complex solutions.
– The team will find bugs and areas that might differ from the mockup. It takes longer to fix potential problems and run the test over again.
You will now see that the chat advisor can only give you an approximate answer about how long it takes to build custom apps. Instead, you’ll get an estimate of how long it will take to complete the project. As your solution is being designed and developed, this can be more accurate.
What makes it more time-consuming to develop a bespoke app?
Your actions can have a significant impact on the project’s completion date. Here are some things that could delay or impact the completion of your project.
- Modifying the mockup. Consider how you want your application to work when creating your mockup. These are the functions of your solution. Programmers use these to develop your application. Adding additional comments to the mockup after approval can prolong the development process. It is crucial to define your requirements before you start the project. It will ensure that the design is correct.
- Indecisiveness about how the application looks and functions. Before you contact a software company, you should be clear about the type of solution you require. Before you call a software company, decide what tasks you want to automate using your new system. Consider how many users your system will be using, whether integration with other systems is necessary, and what design the application should have. The layout is crucial. It is essential to focus on the modules you require, the data you need in tables, and the page you are looking for when you log into the system. These issues could cause delays in the final product’s release date.
- Too many options and functions. Many clients come up with different solutions. Many clients have many parts and are trying to figure out what to do. The process of developing an application will take more time and effort. Because of their many customers and tasks, some companies might require more complex solutions. It is essential that the system be simple to use and understandable so that workflow can be simplified and time-savings can occur.
- Communication problems. Communication issues. Every interaction can lead to misunderstandings. It includes needing to be more explicit about what you need and making claims that do not align with the Agreement. Another problem to avoid is when the software house delays responding or approving a specific part of the project. It could also cause delays in reaching your goal. It is essential to be proactive, committed, and able to provide constructive feedback.
This speeds up custom application development.
Participation in the software development process can speed up delivery. It is worth learning what you can do.
- Describe your requirements. To get the application you want, communicate well with the software house. You can assist the process by identifying areas where the application needs to be improved. Next, consider what system solutions can help you reach your goals—invoices, customer databases, calendars, warehouse, etc. If you need assistance, talk to one of our Kamee advisors. They can help you determine the best solution for you.
- Once the solution is tested and designed, you can commit your time. It may seem counterintuitive, but saving time at these stages can cost you more. Why? It’s simple. If you rush to prepare documentation and mockups and ignore the analysis of your requirements, your final solution will not meet your needs. Your employees will only accept a solution that is fast enough. You must take the time to understand your requirements fully and train your employees how to use the software.
- With precision, communicate your ideas to the IT advisor. All information must be exchanged to support the realization of the project and its growth. Be bold and ask questions if you have any questions about the application or Agreement. Kamee IT advisors can provide all the necessary information to make the most of the solution. Your feedback is welcome, as it will help us continue to develop the application that your team will use for many more years.